Session Training is an initiative of Erwin Beijersbergen.
After the summer holidays, in September, Guitar School Delft will organize another Acoustic Session Training for the slightly advanced guitarist and bassist.
We focus on jazz and related styles.
The following aspects are covered during a Session Training:
- Sound and volume;
- Give direction;
- Communicating with fellow musicians;
- Musical input;
- Mental preparation;
- Learn to listen and anticipate;
- Read schedules;
- Blues (in G, Bb and F) such as Tenor Madness;
- Rhythm Scheme (in Bb) such as Oleo;
- Minor Blues (in Cmin) such as Mr. PC;
- Modal (in Dm or Am) such as So What;
- Jazz Waltz (Bb) such as Someday My Prince Will Come;
- Groovy Piece (C) such as Coming Home;
- Ballad (Eb) such as Misty;
- Calypso (C) such as St. Thomas;
- Bossa Nova (Cmi) such as Blue Bossa.
Frequently heard at sessions:
- All Blues;
- How Insensitive;
- Beautiful Love;
- All The Things You Are;
- Stella By Starlight;
- All of Me;
- Softly As In The Morning Sunrise;
- Satin doll;
GSD students: €4.00
Introductions: € 6.00
Maximum number of participants: 6.
Listeners are welcome!
Sign up: Whats App or call 06-12 88 45 83 (Jackie)